Podia features a rich-text editor that allows you to format text and insert various types of content into product descriptions, membership posts, and many other places.
Using the rich-text editor you're able to insert:
- Bold and italic text
- Files and images
- Embedded content (i.e. YouTube, Soundcloud, etc)
Text formatting (bold, italics, lists, headings, and quotes) can be done with the buttons in the editor toolbar. Inserting links, files, and embedded content is described in more detail below.
How to insert links
- Select the text you want to link
- Click the link icon in the editor toolbar (or press
cmd + k)
- Enter the full URL (including the
- Click the "Link" button
To remove a link:
- Select the link text within the editor
- Click the link icon in the editor toolbar
- Press the "Unlink" button
How to insert files and images
Images and files can be inserted simply by dragging them into the editor. To remove the file, select it and click the X button.
How to embed content
Podia allows you to embed content from many other services directly into the editor. Some examples of things you can embed:
- Videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and others
- Audio from Soundcloud
- Presentations from Slideshare and Speakerdeck
- Images from Instagram, Flickr, Imgur, Giphy, etc.
To embed content, simply paste the URL of the item you want to embed into the editor:
Note that the video (or whatever you're embedding) does not appear in the editor itself. On your Storefront, the URL will be replaced with the embedded content:
Heads up: be sure to paste the URL (web address) for the content into the editor rather than the HTML embed code itself.