Note: If you're looking to presell your product i.e. start collecting money for it before it's ready, look at How to set a start date for your product.
Table of Contents
- What does setting my product to pre-launch mean?
- How to pre-launch a product
- What is the difference between a pre-launch or published product?
- What happens when someone signs up during pre-launch?
- How to embed pre-launch list signup on another site
What does setting my product to pre-launch mean?
This means you no longer have to stay stuck in “Draft mode” before launch — you can start gathering email addresses as soon as you have the idea or begin building your product.
Here's what pre-launch looks like (you can customize the design, but not the email capture):
How to pre-launch a product
When creating a product, there are three states it can be set to:
- Draft (just visible to you)
- Pre-launch (collect emails before launch)
- Published (available for purchase)
Pre-launch (option #2 above) works like this:
- Log in to your Podia account
- Go to your Products page
- Click on the name of the product you want to pre-launch
- Change your product from “Draft” to “Pre-launch” by clicking the dropdown at the top
Yep, it’s that simple!
All you have to do is change your product to Pre-launch to begin collecting email addresses as soon as you’d like.
Here’s what it looks like when listed alongside other products:
What is the difference between a pre-launch or published product?
There are two key differences between a Pre-launch and Published product.
On the sales page of a pre-launch product…
- The Table of Contents is hidden: so you can continue to work on it behind-the-scenes
- We’ve added two email captures: one at the top of the page and one below the product description
What happens when someone signs up during pre-launch?
Anyone who signs up during the “Pre-launch” phase will be tagged as a “Pre-launch customer” for that product. You can export and view that list at any time from your Products tab by clicking the three dots to the right of your product name, then clicking "Export subscribers":
While you continue to develop your product, you can send campaign emails or broadcasts to your pre-launch customers as a way to keep them engaged.
After you launch your product, you can email your pre-launch customer list and entice them to buy (coupon time!)
Anyone who purchases will be automatically moved from the “Pre-launch customer” list into the main “Customer” list; the people who did not convert will remain in the “Pre-launch customer” list, which will allow you to reach out again in the future.
How to embed pre-launch list signup on another site
Want to collect email addresses for your pre-launch list somewhere other than your Podia site? You can do that, too!
From your Products tab, click the three dots to the right of your product name, then click "Embed email form":
Note that the code provided is pretty basic. While we're happy to provide this code for you, we're not able to help customize it, as all websites are different and have different styling requirements.
Any questions? Let us know by chatting below or emailing us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help! 😄