Podia's messaging feature is great way to engage with your current audience and customers who are logged in to your storefront. In-storefront messaging can encourage your customers to take action, while they are using or considering a specific product or membership plan. 💁♀️
These direct messages can help you not only better engage your customers, but also immediately connect and understand their needs in context. As a result, you can instantly recommend the best course of action, answer specific questions or direct them to a specific product or membership plan, without them having to leave your storefront. 🙌
To access the Messaging page in Podia, click on Messaging in the top navigation bar.
Starting a new conversation
To start a new conversation with a customer:
- Click on Start a conversation button in the active conversation section of the screen or the pencil icon 📝 on the left hand side above your conversation list
- Search and select the name of your customer by either their name or email
- Click on the customer name to start a conversation
Continuing an existing conversation
You can also continue an existing conversation by clicking on any of the names in the conversation list on the left hand side.
Sending a message to a customer
Once you have selected a new or an existing conversation with your customer, you can send a message by:
- Typing in the message in the text box beside the send ⬆️ button
- This should enable the send ⬆️ button
- Click on the send ⬆️ button to send the message
- Alternatively, you can also use the shortcut keys Cmd + return (Ctrl + Enter) to send a message to the customer
- Your message will get delivered immediately, with the delivery time shown below the message. Once the message is seen by your customer, a timestamp of when the message was seen will be shown instead below the message.