What's Zapier and how do I use it?
Zapier lets you connect apps you use everyday with Podia and automate workflows. With over 750+ apps in their App Directory, chances are you’ll be able to connect just about anything you use with Podia.
What are some examples?
- Get an SMS whenever you land a sale
- Store new signups in Trello or Google Sheets
- Tweet out in joy when a new sale hits
- Send a customer to your favorite email marketing app like Drip, MailChimp and others
Ready to get started?
To set up an automated workflow with Zapier, follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Log in to Zapier
Step 2: Click "MAKE A ZAP!"
Step 3: Choose a Trigger App
Search for "Podia" under "Search hundreds of apps..." and click Continue.
Step 4: Select a Trigger
Step 5: Select a Podia Account
After logging into your Podia account, you'll see:
Step 6: Test Connection
Step 7: Test that you have an existing sale
Step 8: Choose an Action App
Step 9: Select Action
Step 10: Connect a New Account
Step 11: Set up
Here you'll configure your Zap. Here I've selected to send new sales made on Podia to my "Spencer Fry Newsletter" email list.
Step 12: Test the Zap
Step 13: Ready to turn on your Zap?
Step 14: See it on your Home screen
BONUS: How do I send purchasers to different lists?
Introduce a filter step that restricts the sale events which are passed to Mailchimp (or your email service provider of choice).
Here's a GIF that explains it:
Here are some Zapier-related help docs that other creators have found helpful:
- Enroll customers in a Product using Zapier
- Configuring a new membership subscription trigger using Zapier
- Configuring a new email list subscription trigger using Zapier
- Subscribing a customer to a membership plan using Zapier
You can also feel free to reach out directly to Zapier support with any questions 👍